Friday, April 1, 2011

And so the seasons change....

I spotted this explosion of colour over our back fence today and was captivated by the mix of golden yellow and burnt orange splashed against the backdrop of bright green.
It's April 1st and we in New Zealand are nearly half way through Autumn already. While the Northern Hemisphere is encouraged by daffodils, bluebells, crocuses, blossom and crisp green leaf buds, with the promise of lilacs, roses and lush green foliage on the trees to come, we here in the Southern Hemisphere are seeing our gardens wither and die down as they get ready for the cold months of Winter ahead. Although the days are still mostly warm, the nights are starting to cool rapidly and they start me thinking about hot soups, woollen jumpers, thick socks and our winter duvet. As much as I don't like to be cold, I do like lots of things about Winter especially those things that make you feel cozy. So wherever you are in the world enjoy the season your in for what it brings to your day.xx    

7 comments:

  1. I do love the fall colors, but right now I'm very thankful to be heading into spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny to think we are in opposite seasons. I'm glad that spring has sprung here in the UK after a very cold winter. However Autum is my very favourite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's something I'm finding fascinating about blog world that we are all communicating and sharing from all over. It's fab :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo! We're heading into Spring here, but I have to admit that Autumn is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so interesting to see the beautiful Autumn colours where you are! I do love the autumanl shades they are my avourite but I am also happy to be surrounded by daffodils at the moment as they are my fave flower xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Autumn, but I'm really ready for Spring and Summer as this has been one of the longest Winters ever! We still have snow on the ground :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours! Fall is one of my favourite times of year! It is Spring here in Canada but you can hardly tell as we still have two foot of snow on the ground ....it is melting fast now though so hopefully it won't be too long before we see grass :)

    ReplyDelete