Monday, April 4, 2011

Definitely no photo for this....

Can you imagine my embarrasment today!!
As some of you may know, we in Christchurch had another big earthquke in February.Well today a lovely EQC (Earthquake Commission) representative came down our street just checking on any damage in the area. Now when I say "lovely" I mean gorgeous! A hunky type that you'd definitely look twice at if you passed him in the street just to admire his good looks.
Well I answered his questions and told him how we had only minor damage, nothing structural, just "things" broken and yes we had put in a claim. He noted all this on his ipad and took our details and we chatted about how this particular area got off very lightly and how lucky we all were. Then off he went to the next house.
I shut the door while mentally thinking how personable he was (as well as good looking) and that was when it happened. I suddenly saw myself in the hall mirror. Still in my dressing gown (which really needed a wash), hair not brushed (sticking out everywhere) and basically just looking like a bag lady!! My only excuse is that I'm not very good in the mornings and my brain hadn't started to function properly. Just as well my OH is used to this look in the morning or I could be in serious trouble.xx 
(Note to self: Check in the mirror BEFORE opening the door and use the spy hole to see who is there even in broad daylight.)

8 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't have a photo for this one. One of you or him would do fine. : )
    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha oh Cathy you've really made me laugh because that's exactly the sort of thing I'd do. Did you flutter your eyelashes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygosh I am truly LOL I so wish you had pics to share...one of you and one of course of your visitor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... you should have told him you needed to photograph his visit for the claim!! lol So funny.. and I do think there is some rule.. whenever I am in sweats or pj's.. I will run into a celebrity or something.. kwim? or the news will be doing a segment at the grocery that day... always that way!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, good to know its not just me can do those things. Did you blush when you looked in the mirror? I would - I can't believe I can still blush so easily :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like something I would do. Glad to know you weren't hit too bad by the earthquake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny!! I usually am wearing old sweats covered in animal hair and lots of times I don't answer the doorbell just because of that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha great story! Good to know that you are doing well. I hope the recovery in Christchurch is speedy.

    ReplyDelete