Sunday, May 22, 2011

You never know when life is going to throw a brick at you....

Well there I was, just minding my own business, back from my 2 week trip away, dying to catch up with what everyone had been up to in blogland and planning to share what I'd achieved in that time.
Sunday night, had dinner, and half an hour later ended up with the worst case of indigestion. Felt sick, threw up and went to bed. Couldn't sleep properly all night, still felt like hell the next morning and to cut a long story short, ended up being taken to hospital by ambulance to discover it was not indigestion...I'd had a heart attack!!  Blooming heck!! Ended up in theatre to have a blockage removed from the front artery and had a metal stent put in. You can see the difference it made, in the photo.


I had 3 days in the Coronary Care Unit and the whole time I was thinking about the album I needed to get finished for this 21st present. Luckily I had 3 hours when I got home to do the finishing touches and get it delivered. Probably overdid it a bit but felt so much better when it was out of the way and I have just taken it very easy this weekend.
It really has been a bit of a shock to the system. And I now feel like a walking pharmacy with all the drugs they've put me on. But I'm also wondering if this is going to turn out to be one of those "this was the best thing that ever happened to me" moments....and will there be a book at the end of it?? LOL!!
 So once again this week I will be trying to catch up with what everyone's been up to and seeing what I've missed out on. I have to take it pretty easy for the next 6 weeks so I have the perfect excuse to sit and read blogs eh!! xx 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that must have been really scary. At least it happened once you were honme and not when you were away. I hope you recover uneventfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - glad you are OK now. The difference in the two photos is amazing - and fascinating if I'm honest :0). Get well soon and relax - don't overdo it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Here's wishing you a very speedy recovery! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful, I hope you have a speedy, restful recovery x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Sorry. Do hope you will have a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. be well. that's scary & i hope it's the end of that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. Sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourself and don't overdo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I'm glad that it wasn't any worse and that you found out what happened in time to prevent anything more. You're a lucky lady! Take care and I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a shock! My dad had a heart attack that presented in a similar way, he was on holiday and everyone thought he was unwell as totally went off his food, felt sick and went to bed. My mum checked on him and he asked her to call an ambulance as he thought it might be a heart attack!! Look after yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy, I have been wanting to comment on your blog but blogger wouldn't let me. So sorry to hear about your health. I hope your recovery is quick. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your absence from blogging does not mean you have not recovered well. thoughts and prayers that life is good today :)

    ReplyDelete